Engaging Story: Fresh approaches for developing extraordinary relationships with donors
Featuring Susan Turnbull, founder and principal of Personal Legacy Advisors, LLC
Bring the concept of legacy down to earth and actively into conversations you are having with donors. Experience for yourself several highly engaging tools and ideas to motivate and inspire donors to think of the legacy they would like to leave and help your organization become a partner in fulfilling that legacy.
- During this workshop you will:
- Be introduced to specific tools and materials developed by Personal Legacy Advisors for the purpose of engaging donors in meaningful dialogue and providing pathways for self-expression
- Examine the meaning of legacy
- Secure some practical ideas for how to initiate and explore the topic of legacy
- Learn how to draw out and leverage stories from the life of a donor to deepen and energize conversations, reveal core values and shape a vision for legacy
- Gain an overview of non-binding ethical wills and how they can inspire donors to leave a legacy
Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Registration: 1:00 pm.
Presentation: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
Reverchon A&B, 2222 Welborn St., Dallas, TX 75219
Registration fee is $50 per person. To register, click below or call 214.741.9898.
Please register by Friday, January 26.
This course is pending approval for CFRE credit.
About our Speaker
Susan Turnbull is founder and principal of Personal Legacy Advisors, LLC, which specializes in finding ways for high net worth individuals communicate their feelings, values, advice and stories to future generations. Turnbull, author of The Wealth of Your Life: A Step-by-Step Guide for Creating Your Ethical Will, has also appeared in The New York Times and USA Today. She’s known for popularizing “ethical wills” as a way to hand down family traditions and values, and for developing strategies to help discern and define donor intent.