Merrill Lynch and You
Through a regional alliance, donors to The Dallas Foundation may establish a donor advised fund (DAF) while retaining a relationship with their current Merrill Lynch financial advisor.
A DAF is a charitable giving vehicle. An individual, family or corporation makes a tax-deductible donation to The Dallas Foundation and then recommends how the funds are distributed to qualified charities. The Dallas Foundation provides the donor with philanthropic support services, such as grant-making expertise and due diligence research on potential grantees. Donors and their Merrill Lynch advisors can make recommendations about how the DAF funds are invested.
Establishing a fund through this alliance allows donors to:
- Enjoy many of the positive aspects of a private foundation without the accompanying administrative burden
- Simplify charitable giving and tax reporting
- Support numerous causes with one simple donation to the DAF
- Support charities locally, nationally or internationally
- Retain the flexibility of giving varying amounts or changing charities over time
- Involve donor's spouse, children or associates in charitable giving
- Give anonymous grants as desired
- Maintain a steady level of giving despite a fluctuating income level
For a more complete discussion of the program, please contact Gary Garcia
or ask your Merrill Lynch financial advisor today.