The Dallas Foundation is proactively monitoring where we can provide leadership and step in to lend support. The Foundation's Community Impact Team staff and volunteers are evaluating how best to deploy our available Community Impact resources in support of Dallas and our Philanthropic Partnerships Team stands ready to support donors who want to support our community. And we continue to be in contact with our colleagues across North Texas and the U.S. to stay abreast of the greatest needs and opportunities to help and to ensure we work collectively for the benefit of our most vulnerable neighbors.
Ways You Can Help Today
The Dallas Foundation's COVID-19 Relief Fund
The Dallas Foundation's COVID-19 Relief Fund will focus on support that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Relieves the extraordinary burden being placed on our public healthcare system
- Supports the basic needs of low-income individuals and families
- Supports childcare assistance for low-income families
- Addresses mental health needs and concerns
- Supports and sustains nonprofit operations and capacity-building needs during this time of disruption
Click here to donate to The Dallas Foundation's COVID-19 Relief Fund.
The City of Dallas Emergency Assistance Fund for COVID-19 Relief
The City of Dallas Emergency Assistance Fund for COVID-19 Relief was established in partnership with the Dallas Mayor and City Manager to support broad-based community emergencies that severely affect Dallas and that require immediate response.
Click here to donate to The City of Dallas Emergency Assistance Fund for COVID-19 Relief.
Giving through Donor Advised Funds and Individual Gifts
If you have a donor advised fund at The Dallas Foundation and wish to provide direct support to nonprofit organizations responding to needs caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency, please continue to recommend grants through the online donor portal.
Since The Dallas Foundation team has transitioned to working remotely, we are unable to process any grant that is submitted via postal mail at this time. If you need assistance with the donor portal or need personal assistance with your grant recommendation, please contact Mackenzie Causey, Donor Services Officer.
Tips for Giving to COVID-19 Response
- During this open-ended and ever-evolving situation, nonprofits would most benefit from direct, unrestricted contributions which allow them to direct resources as they are needed.
- We strongly encourage you to prioritize grants to organizations which are responding to critical community needs and assisting our most vulnerable populations. If your grant is flexible, we ask that you consider delaying your recommendation until the Foundation resumes normal in-office operations.
- Our team is curating a list of organizations and their needs. If you need help identifying Dallas-area nonprofit organizations which match your interest areas or want ideas on ways you can support our community through this crisis, please reach out to Julie Diaz, Vice President of Philanthropic Partnerships.
- Times of crisis bring out the best in people; unfortunately, others attempt to take advantage of the generosity of our community. Please remain alert to potential fundraising and email scams. The Office of the Attorney General for the State of Texas advises residents to remain aware of Cyber Scams During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency. Click here to read the article. If you have questions about a particular nonprofit organization, our team can assist with providing additional information and the best ways to help.