The Dallas Foundation continues to encourage our staff to prioritize their health and safety, and our team is balancing working remotely with limited in-office hours.
Please continue to expect consistent operations and normal response times however, vendor payment processing times have changed. Please reach out to a member of our finance team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions on our new processing schedule or surrounding a specific payment. You may also wish to refer to our frequently asked questions.
Payment Processing Resources
Payment Processing Guidelines
Please note that, going forward, we are unable to make any exceptions to these new guidelines.
- Continue to submit requests by email to: email@example.com.
- Revised Payment/Reimbursement Request Form
- All requests must be submitted using this new form. Those submitted on any other form will be returned to you for correction.
- If you are submitting multiple receipts to support a reimbursement, please detail the expenses on the Expense Detail form. You do not need to include the detail form if there is only one receipt.
- Deadline for Submission: Requests must be submitted by Wednesday at 3 pm
- Checks and EFTs will be sent seven business days later on Fridays. For example: Request submitted before 3 p.m. on Wed, 3/04 will be ready to mail or EFT processed on Fri, 3/13.
- Payment requests submitted after the weekly submission deadline of Wed, 3 p.m. will be included in the following week's payment request run. This is a hard deadline.
- During the holiday season, we will adjust this schedule accordingly and provide you with a holiday processing and payment schedule.
- Submit one (1) payment request (invoice or reimbursement) per email. This will help ensure our team can track your request and that nothing is overlooked.
- Subject line must read: Payee Name and Payment Amount. (Example: Subject: Office Depot, $25.24)
- If more than one payment request is submitted in an e-mail, guarantee of payment for each request included in that e-mail will not be made.
- If an invoice or payment request is overlooked due to multiple requests being submitted in one e-mail, the overlooked request will be processed on the day it is found (in-line with the schedule above).
- Incomplete payment requests will not be processed with that week's check run. We will return the request to the submitter for corrections as soon as reasonably possible during the review stage of our processing.
Incomplete payment request examples include:
Incorrect form used
Missing vendor information
Missing appropriate invoices / receipts / proof of payment
Missing or non-current W-9 form (If you need a blank W-9 form, please follow this link.)
Missing approval signature
- If you are unable to physically sign the request form, the body of your email must include the following language:
I approve payment to [name] in the amount of [amount] for the purpose of [description of expense].
Missing bank or payment information
Vendors will be paid according to the Payment Method selected on the payment request form, regardless
of what other payment options The Dallas Foundation has on file for that vendor. For example, if a payment request form indicates payment by check, our Finance staff will cut a check for payment.
Payments for all recurring requests will be made the Friday before the scheduled payment date. For example, a payment due on 3/15/20 will be processed on 3/04/20 and paid Friday, 3/13/20.
Additionally, any changes to the amount on a recurring payment request must be submitted 3 business days before our processing date for changes to take effect. Change requests received later than 3 business days before processing (i.e. Wednesday at 3 p.m.) will not be processed until the following scheduled payment. This includes changes to banking information.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we continue to strive to provide you with the best service possible!